October 23 @ 9:00 am – 10:45 am
Please join us for this packing session at Feed My Starving Children. Kids and adults of all ages hand-pack nutritious MannaPack® meals specifically designed to assist in reversing and preventing undernutrition. The Minnetonka Squadron will be assisting packing as a group on Saturday, Oct 23 from 9 am to 11:00 am. They can accommodate up to 30 volunteers. Register on the FMSC site at this link and click “JOIN”: Group Results : Feed My Starving Children (fmsc.org)
Note that the sign-up needs to be done at the FMSC website and that you must have or create a login. You may also click here to get to the sign-up page.
Also please note the following information from FMSC:
“We are excited to have volunteers back in our packing room! In order to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff amid the COVID-19 pandemic, volunteering will look a little different than in the past. Please carefully review the following changes:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 please stay home.
- All volunteers are expected to follow CDC guidelines related to masks. Masks are strongly recommended for all staff and volunteers regardless of vaccination status. FMSC will not request proof of vaccination and trusts its volunteers and staff to make decisions that will best support the health and safety of its staff and volunteers alike.
- All volunteers will go through a verbal symptom screening upon arrival.
- Social distancing: Members of a group will not be socially distanced from each other, but will be socially distanced from other groups. However, larger groups will be split into smaller subgroups that will be socially distanced from each other.
- If you or anyone in your group develops symptoms while packing, you and your entire group will be asked to leave immediately.
- According to our regular operating guidelines, children under the age of 5 are not allowed into the packing room.
- If you are in a high risk category, please stay home.
- A reservation is required to pack. No walk-ins can be accepted.
- You may read more about FMSC’s COVID-19 Safety Measures here.”