Boating Is Fun… We’ll Show You How!
The Minnetonka Power Squadron is a group of family boaters that have fun together, on the water and off. We have fun while pursuing the Educational, Civic, and Fraternal objectives of our Squadron, and the United States Power Squadrons as a whole.
- Self Education – we love to learn how to be better, more safe boaters
- Civic Service – we help others to be better, safe boaters
- Fraternity – we have fun together!
As a Squadron, we participate in many family events and activities throughout the year:
- Booth at the Annual Minneapolis Boat Show
- Annual Change of Watch Ceremony for our new officers and leaders
- Fitting out party – annual fund raiser dinner and auction/silent auction
- “Docks In” (right of spring – putting the docks “in” at Streater Cove)
- Boat Safety Week
- New member banquet
- Commander’s Breakfast
- Clean Up the Lake day
- 4th of July Celebration
- Shrimp Boil
- Steak Fry and Casino Night
- New Year’s Party
- Invasive Species inspections
- Vessel Safety Checks
- Squadron Membership Meetings
- District Meetings
- “Docks-Out” (right of fall – time to put the boating toys away for the winter)
- Numerous Education Classes (see below)
- …and we have a band!!!
Membership is a family affair and we work hard to ensure special activities are planned for the kids, too, at each of our events. Special kids meals, games, movies… It’s a blast at Streater Cove for the whole gang!
Did we mention that we have a very special facility… Streater Cove? Deeded to the Minnetonka Power Squadron in its early years, Streater Cove is nine acres of land on the southern tip of Big Island, right in the middle of Lake Minnetonka. With over 1,200 feet of dock space, shore power, WiFi, hot and cold running water, bathrooms (with showers), a swim beach, Pavillion and camping ground, Streater Cove is a very special place for Squadron Members that elect to enjoy this facility. Many of our summer fraternal and social events are held at Streater Cove. Click here to see our Current Events and Activities.
Do you want to learn how to be a better boater? We offer classes that range from our public boating safety classes, to members-only topics that include: seamanship, coastal and global navigation, engine maintenance, electronics, weather, and much more.
Did you know that members can save money? Membership, and the requisite boating safety class, can typically qualify for a discount towards your boat’s insurance policy. Also, the information you learn through squadron membership and USPS boating classes can literally save you a bundle when buying and/or maintaining your boat.