Archive for category Executive Committee
|March 18, 2013|
|March 25, 2013|
|April 1, 2013|
|April 8, 2013|
|April 15, 2013|
|May 7, 2013|
|May 14, 2013|
|May 21, 2013|
|May 28, 2013|
|June 4, 2013|
The Minnetonka Power Squadron will hold two open-to-the-public sessions of the United States Power Squadrons ABC Safe Boating Course. The dates are:
March 18 – April 15, 2013
· 5 Monday nights; 7:00-9:00 p.m.
May 7 – June 4, 2013
· 5 Tuesday nights; 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Location: Peace Presbyterian Church, 7624 Cedar Lake Rd, St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Register and pay at the below URL or for more information call (612) 568-2628. The course is offered for free with on fee payment online of $57.50 for materials.
Register for the Class Here! Enter the desired session (March or May) under “RSVP Info” field at checkout.
|January 12, 2013|
Come one, come all (members) to the Minnetonka Power Squadron’s annual holiday party, to be held on Saturday January 12, 2013 at Al & Alma’s Supper Club, 5201 Piper Road, Mound Mn. Start time 1800 6:00 P.M. End time, no later than 1:00 A.M.
- Appetizers will be served.
- No gift exchange.
The squadron has the supper club to ourselves. Al & Alma’s will be closed to the public. There is no cost to attend. RSVP is not necessary.
Cash bar will be open.
Hope to see a huge turn out and everyone there!!!
|September 18, 2012|
|September 24, 2012|
|September 25, 2012|
On-the-Water Training – A New and Unique Program
Developed under a grant from the U. S. Coast Guard, our Practical On-the-Water Training breaks new ground by providing high quality, affordable training for those who want to develop or improve their boat handling skills.
Whether you are brand new to boating, or have previous boating experience, this training can provide a number of benefits:
• Learn the right techniques from the start!
• Improve your current boating skills!
• Learn proper safety techniques!
• Develop your confidence at the helm!
• Get more out of your boating investment!
• Have more fun!
This program is an 8-hour seminar, it will include 4 hours of classroom training and 4 hours of training and practice behind the wheel of a boat. We recommend that you first complete a boating safety class, but previous on-the-water experience is not required. The cost of this class is $199. The price of the course covers the cost of materials, operations, and facilities. Instruction is provided free as a public service. Students may take classes at any participating location. The boats and training facilities are provided through our local member squadrons. Boats are all well-maintained and have passed safety inspection.
What You Will Learn
Skills covered in the training:
- Basic boat controls and operation
- Low-speed maneuvering
- High-speed maneuvering
- Emergency maneuvers
- Avoiding collisions
- Line handling and knot tying
- … And much, much more!
Three different locations / Squadrons are offered:
- Lake Pepin / Hiawatha Valley Squadron
- St. Croix River / St. Paul Squadron
- Lake Minnetonka / Minnetonka Squadron
Minnetonka Class Room Training:
- September 18th 6-10pm @ Peace Church, St. Louis Park, MN
Minnetonka On-The-Water Sessions:
- September 24th 9am-1pm – Lake Minnetonka
- September 24th 5-7pm – Lake Minnetonka
- September 25th 5-7pm – Lake Minnetonka
|August 4, 2012|
Live music with International Reggae All Stars!
Saturday, 4 August 2012, rain or shine
Social Hour 1700 Dinner 1800 Band 1900 – 2300
Hosted by Gary Feblowitz, Jodi & crew!
Please dress in Jamaican attire & bring your dancing shoes!!!
Adult Reservations May be Purchased by clicking HERE!
Note: Child meals (hot dogs) are free of charge.
- Montego Bay mango peach salsa with blue corn chips
- Ocho Rios sweet vinegar coleslaw with red bell peppers, pineapple and cilantro
- Ya mon sauce-soak rolls with savory red pepper jelly
- Jamaican jerk chicken – marinated, smoked and grilled over pimento wood accompanied your choices of reggae, scotch bonnet and red pepper sauces
- Kingston caramelized grilled pineapple with vanilla rum butter and allspice syrup
If you are interested in taking JN this winter, please contact Jeff Schott (email@example.com). Class will begin on Thursday, January 21, 2010, 1900-2100 and run each Thursday for 14 weeks. Class will be held at Gander Mountain in Eden Prairie.